I provide a supportive environment as you decide if adoption is the right plan for you and your child. Some more typical topics that I can help explore and contemplate are:
- Thoroughly considering your options of parenting or placing for adoption
- Selecting an adoptive family
- Thinking about open adoption and future contact
- Dealing with your family and friends
- Relationship issues with the birth father
- Talking to your kids about your adoption choice for this pregnancy
- Preparing for delivery and the hospital
- Recognizing and understanding the emotions of loss and grief
- Assisting in navigating the adoption process and adoption professionals
I can come to you! Getting to a counselor during pregnancy is often difficult due to transportation issues. In many cases I am able to travel to you so that you can receive support during this time. In most cases, adoption counseling can be covered through the adoption process with no cost to you. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your personal case.
I provide a safe, supportive environment where we can approach feelings of loss and grief, trauma, depression and anxiety following the placement of your child, whether the placement was recent or years ago. We will work together to heal, grow for a positive and enriched future.
Navigating future contact issues can sometimes be challenging. Future contact is a fluid and ongoing relationship and it takes time. In addition to emotional support, I can help with practical ideas surrounding your contact.
Nina Anderson, L.C.S.W.
801 Portola Drive, Suite 203
San Francisco, CA 94127